- Learn how to improve patient outcomes and adherence to a physical therapy plan of care by developing a therapeutic alliance in creating a ultimate patient experience from the clinical and non-clinical aspect of patient care.
- Understanding the proper interpretation of clinic metrics to improve the patient experience in order to improve patient outcomes.
- Learn how to apply interpersonal skills and cultural competence in a clinical setting.
- Learn about the new healthcare consumer, who they are and what drives their choices in this new era of healthcare
- Learn how to improve your arrival rate, no show/cancel rate and copay (cash) collection rate through the expert management of the first phone call
- Learn why defining and mapping the Patient Experience in your practice will provide the greatest ROI for your practice going forward
- Map your Patient Experience, understand how your mapped out Patient Experience defines your practice culture and becomes an employer brand value marketing and hiring tool
- Learn how you can and will identify the source of issues in your practice more quickly and more concisely after your Patient Experience is mapped out
- Learn how to apply your newly mapped out Patient Experience in your clinic
The key to success moving forward in the healthcare landscape of ever-increasing co-pays and deductibles is to deeply understand the wants and expectations of your patients before they walk into your clinic. In this course you will map out the PATIENT EXPERIENCE for your practice which is the GAME CHANGER in this era of the healthcare consumer and a vital component for you achieving the goals you have set for your practice. You will walk away from this course with the tools you need to implement your Patient Experience. This material will be taught as a combination of lecture, front of room coaching and all group exercises.
7:30 - 8:00 Registration
8:00 - 10:00. Map the Patient experience
--- the 3 phases
---each staff members role
---helps id issues sooner
10:00 - 12:00 Brand level, service level, interaction level
---where do these occur in your pt exp
12:00 - 1:00. LUNCH
1:00 - 3:00. ATTRACT, SELL, RETAIN
---how does this thinking help us in the pt exp
3:00 - 5:00. Define healthcare consumer
---how will you manage this
9:00 - 12:00 Role playing, and coaching
12:00 - 1:00. Lunch
1:00 - 5:00. Scripts emails, follow up, conversations of Phase 1 of your pt exp
About the Instructor
Jerry Durham holds a Masters in Physical Therapy from Chapman University. Jerry is the co-founder and a principle of San Francisco Sport and Spine Physical Therapy, (SFSSPT), a multi clinic practice based in San Francisco, California. Over his career as a practitioner, Jerry has worked in every clinical setting including inpatient, outpatient, hospital acute care, home health and skilled nursing facilities. From the very beginning, Jerry questioned why there wasn’t an emphasis placed on treating patients as individuals, with unique concerns and objectives and why more effort wasn’t being made to develop true relationships with patients or what Jerry refers to as the Patient Experience. This desire to work with patients in a more relationship centric way is the primary reason Jerry opened his own practice.
Today, in addition to his ownership role with SFSSPT, Jerry helps Physical Therapy Practices engage patients for great results through his consulting practice, training business owners, front office staff and providers about how focusing on the Patient Experience increases patient outcomes, satisfaction and ultimately improves organizational financial health.
Jerry is a sought after keynote speaker and educator who travels throughout the United States and Canada training and speaking about the Patient Experience to a diverse audience of business owners, front desk team members and practitioners across all settings.
Jerry hosts the Healthcare Disruption podcast where he interviews people from in and out of healthcare (including actual patients) who add value and diverse insight into the discussion about the Patient Experience. Listen to Jerry’s podcast at jerrydurhampt.com/podcasts.
Finally, you can learn more about Jerry and his consulting practice at jerrydurhampt.com and you can connect with Jerry on twitter @Jerry_DurhamPT. And for the deep cut, follow Jerry on Instagram, jerrydurhampt, where you will learn about his passion for baseball, bourbon, books and his two toy poodles.